- A double album of traditional tunes called Songs My Mother Sang, Vol 1&2 is available for pre-release ordering and a 1-song download, get Pre-orders on Bandcamp here )
- Upcoming release Heyday EP is set for March 22, get Pre-orders on Amazon MP3 store or iTunes (or drop by The Store over here )
- Hpaay…oops! Happy New Year, everybody! Make sure to check out the last days of the New Year Sale over in The Store, ALL albums and songs for …. well, a song 😉 xoxo
- Release Oct 22, 2011 of Stephen McCarthy’s Dear Alice cd, available now on iTunes, listen on Soundcloud
- Big fat August CD blowout sale: click on blue $5 Sale box on upper right corner of any album page on sale page for sale price via store link.
- Grammy takes care of it’s own: MusiCares event Feb 10th, 2011 Honoree concert for contributions to uninsured musicians project
- “Homeland” and “Gods & Nations” on Neil Young’s Living With War Today song page
- “Sweet Folk Chicago” on WFMT with local folk luminary/guest host Andrew Calhoun of Waterbug Records Sat Dec 4, 7 pm CST www.wfmt.com streaming. Jenn’s “Me and Abigail” featuring Jeff Rady’s guitar work included in the evening’s lineup…
- KYRS 92.3 FM’s Crossroads Radio out of Spokane, WA, Crossroads Bob (Rice)’s live interview w/ Jenn 12/12 @ 1-3 pm PST
- Sovereign, the new album of solo acoustic songs by listener request, out on iTunes. Recorded live in Brooklyn, reviewed by Leicester Bangs back in October.
- New Folk And Acoustic Music review out June 18th by Frank Gutch Jr (we love you, Frank Gutch Jr! xo)
- Minstrel’s Daughter available at Waterbug Records, at Waterloo Records in Austin, in the UK at Smart Choice Music and as downloads on iTunes, so: Get your Christmas lists done early!
leicester bangs out a new review of the album, by kev a
so i recently came across a whole bunch of unprocessed film rolls in cannisters in my things which had been stored basically since 2004 when i packed up my house in studio city and pretty much went on the road. anyway, ive been getting them developed and posting these old shots from, i dont know, 2002? ’03, ’04, ’05? in the last few postings. funny to see what we had been in the middle of. where we went. how things are. different world, really. hope you enjoy.
you gottawonder. wondering’s good 😉
“whom does the grail serve?”
la folie perceval, 1330 a.d.
these are pictures of the bronze? sculpture at the rothko chapel in houston, a place you absolutely have to stop in at if you’re in town; next to rock n robin vintage guitars which is just around the corner 😉 it’s the place.
oh and btw, rnr guitars aren’t making those bumper stickers with their logo anymore. i was extremely bummed to find out cuz i had just sold a guitar with my last one on the case. boy, end of an era all over the place! cafe des artistes?! found out literally walking past on west 67th: gone last august. hunh? baby greens in austin? the drive-thru salad place where you could get great soups and a salad rollup and tea and be on your merry way…they were opening other branches all over town and then in oct: gone. all of em.
i thought the slow evaporation of pay phone booths was eerie but that weren’t nuthin.
drivin back west on the I-10, making for houston afore austin in the morning. meantime, it’s the soltice again, so: happy birthday, mama 😉